Friday, June 27, 2008

Open WIDE!

Scott's schedule was open Wednesday morning, so he decided he wanted to bring the boys in for their first official dental visit. They were so excited to go and see daddy at work. The office manager let them raid the goody box for cheap rings, frogs, erasers, etc. Then it was off to the chair. Blake was first and he chose the bubble gum toothpaste. It wasn't a big hit, and he was starting to get a little difficult. Scott put the suction thing in his mouth and Blake found his new best friend. He just wanted to play with the suction, puckering his mouth around it so it would make funny sounds, he didn't want to let it go. To finish his cleaning, Scott had to keep rotating between polishing a few teeth and letting him play with the suction for a few minutes. It was pretty comical.
Caden was next up in the chair and he was a pro. He chose the orange toothpaste and said that he really liked it. He also like playing with the suction, but he was a lot more cooperative, so he didn't need it as much.
Scott wasn't able to do flouride with Blake, but Caden wanted to try it out. I can't believe how good he was the whole time! (I hated that foamy flouride that makes you gag!! Is anyone with me??) Caden was loving everything about it. Maybe it's just because it was the first time, and just like helping me unload the dishwasher, the novelty will wear off after a few more times.
Anyone love the goggles???
And Scott is proud to report that they didn't have any cavities!! Yeah!

4 comments:

Lyndsey said...

This is sooo cute!!! Such a difference to have your Dad do it. Tommy just screamed when the dentist came close to him. I hated the flouride treatment too!!! Are you guys surviving the heat??

CdA News Editor said...

Hey Guys!
It is good to hear that things are going pretty well for you. If you get too hot, come stay with us for I awhile. I will definitely be in AZ in the winter.

The Higginbothams said...

Who knew taking your kids to the dentist could be so much fun? Good job Dr. Jensen.

The Hunt House said...

Kay.....that is hilarious! I am so excited you guys are finally DONE and starting the new life. Wish I could have seen you before you left. We'll have to catch up with you in AZ in the future! Tell Scott Congrats!
Karla