Sunday, August 30, 2009

Starting school

Caden and Blake started school a few weeks ago. I think Blake is so excited not to get left behind this year. They are both loving their school. When they get home I try to ask about their day but all I can get from them is about lunch and recess. I hope they're learning something!


The kids were so excited to ride the bus together. After the first day of school I waiting at the bus stop for them. To make a long story short, neither of them got off the bus and the bus drove away. I was panicking and another mom helped me call the school. After a few minutes the principal gets on the phone and says that they located Blake (he got off at some random stop and was with some random woman) and they hadn't located Caden yet, but they would get back to me. WHAT!!?? I started sobbing and then the bus pulled back around and Caden was still on it. He just hadn't gotten off. Then we had to pick Blake up at the stranger's house. I got a call from the principal that evening making sure I was ok.

Next day in the morning I got on the bus with the boys and told the bus driver to remember their faces and make sure they got home to me. After school, only Caden gets off the bus, but no Blake. I jump on the bus.... no more kids. They radioed the school and it turns out that Blake accidentally got in the parent pick-up line, so he waited as all the other kids got picked up and was the last one standing before his teacher realized that he was supposed to be on the bus! So I went to the school to get Blake and the principal was there to meet me. He was really apologetic, but two days in a row, come on!

Third time's a charm, right?? Third day of school I'm waiting to pick the kids up and the bus pulls up. I see the principal get off the bus and escort my kids to me!

6 comments:

Lyndsey said...

This is seriously insane!!! I can not believe that this happened to you so many times. They are so little I guess I just never thought of the logistical nightmare getting everyone where the need to go. Hopefully they get that all worked out!

CdA News Editor said...

LOL! Wow. Thank you for sharing.

Jacque said...

It is about time for some updates! Call me and let me know how everything is going in your new place!

The Higginbothams said...

Brittany, I totally know what poor Blake has been going through. I managed to get lost many times as a child, and I did the same thing after Kindergarten one day. Fortunately I recognized some girls on my bus being in my ward, so I rode to their house and their mom called mine. Still, it was a very scary experience. I hope he's got the bus number figured out by now.
By the way, congrats on the new house. You'll have to post pictures.

nana and atom said...

so cute! i love that they're in school together, i love that in the end the principal rode the bus with the kids to get them home to you. hope it's all going smoothly now!

Robert and Ashley said...

Hey girl I found ya. I added some pictures up of Brynlee, Clair and Makayla from halloween.