Sunday, August 3, 2008

Blake's 4th Birthday

Blake turned 4 on August 1st, and he INSISTED on a transformers birthday. We kept it small and invited only a few friends, but it was still loads of fun. We started out with an obstacle course. I told them that planet earth was being attacked by the decepticons and we needed to save it. So, we blasted into space from Cyberton (the slide).
We went through the black hole. (tunnel)
We rode around the moon in our spaceship.
Then we launched into earth's atmosphere.

We fought the decepticons.
And then we defeated Megatron. (Punched a balloon with Megatron on it)
Blake got an Optimus Prime costume for his birthday, and it's been permanently attached ever since.
We played a few other games like Transformers memory and pin the gun on Optimus Prime. We played autobots vs decepticons with balloons attached to their ankles, and had them try to pop each other's balloons. Sooo....I guess they were a little young for that game, because there was a lot of crying involved. Woops!
We ended the party with Transformers cupcakes and a scavenger hunt to find the allspark cube (the source of the transformers power) which had the party favors in it. The kids had a great time, and that's all that matters.
I thought I'd include a picture of our new swingset. This was our birthday gift to Blake and it only cost us $20. I love craigslist!Happy birthday Blake!!!

6 comments:

The Hunt House said...

What fun ideas! Wow 4???? That blew my mind. Are you LOVING your yard? How is AZ? WE need to make a trip out there. I have family there and Aaron has lots of good friends. Now we have even more! Take care.

Karly said...

Your little obstacle course looks like so much fun! Way to go. Blake looks like he is getting so big. I am sad that you guys wont be in Texas for Christmas, I better get to see that baby sometime soon after he or she is born.... maybe I'll have to drive down there! :)

Lyndsey said...

Ok the swing set is AWESOME!!! I love craigslist too! This birthday party blew my mind... just so dang creative.

nana and atom said...

look at you! you're such the creative mom! i love how you make every birthday way special and fun... like when caden turned one and we helped you make that tigger cake even though he was way too young to appreciate it. but that was fun.

Kerri said...

How great! Did you guys buy a house? The backyard is amazing and I am so jealous of the swing set!

Happy Birthday Blake!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I found your blog and I'm going to link you. Let's get together and do something fun next week!