Saturday, September 27, 2008

Voting Simplified

Scott and I were sitting in the living room this morning discussing last night's debate. The kids came in and were listening for a little while. Blake has actually heard Barack Obama's name a lot, and loves to chant it. I guess it's catchy for a 4 year old.

Anyway, Caden has been learning a little about the government in school, so I tried to expain in very simple terms that it's time for a new president and that we listen to what Obama and McCain have to say, and then we decide who we want to be president and we vote. Then, they count the votes and whoever has the most will win. So Caden's eyes lit up and he got really excited and said, "HEY!!! If all four of us vote for McCain, then he will be president because 4 is a lot!!!"

1 comment:

CdA News Editor said...

I can just hear Blake chanting, "Barack Obama"! That is hilarious.
Miss hanging out with you guys.